Wednesday 9 May 2012

Introduction to the Reviews

The Increative Way

So, it took me a while, but I thought, hey, maybe I should do some music reviews, right?

Well, that is what I shall do. I'll be reviewing local talent on their EPs, live performances and albums as well as reviewing new album releases as they come and go. Now, don't fret, I'm not getting paid for any of this, so what you see will be my God honest opinion in whatever style and spiel I manage to put it in.

Each article will feature a star rating system going from 1 - 5, 5 being highest and 1 being lowest. Or, as I like to imagine it....


★☆☆☆☆ - My ears are crying, and my eyes are bleeding...
 
★★☆☆☆ - Like swallowing vomit...
 
★★★☆☆ - The sound-track to my elevator experience.
 
★★★★☆ - This shit be awesome!
 
★★★★★ - Eargasm!

Seems simple enough, right? Right! So, let's go.

By the way, you can call me Rory, 'cause that's how I roll.

7 comments:

  1. Hi man, how might I submit music to you for review? Do you have an email address I can submit mp3s to?

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      My preferred means are through SoundCloud, Myspace and such listening where I can stream them, so my first suggestion would be to make one of those and upload the MP3s - not just for my benefit, but it'll make promoting far easier for you. It means you'll have the hard MP3 copy of the music on your disc, which is great, but you'll also have an online store space so to speak that you can link around and get people listening. Plus, if you lose any files (like if your computer fries and the work gets lost) then you can always redownload them.

      If you're unsure about that, I'll give you my email address and then we can work from there to get you set up and get your work to myself. I'm happy to help as much as I can.

      Rory

      Delete
    2. I have a Soundcloud, what's your Soundcloud url and I'll fire them along to you?

      Cheers man,

      John

      Delete
  2. www.soundcloud.com/rorykbeck

    That's my soundcloud URL there buddy, if you shoot them across, I'll make sure to listen and write. :)

    Cheers,

    Rory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man I just thought, you can download our EPs directly in zip files. Go to http://voidpleasantriesofficial.weebly.com man, then you'll know what's from what EP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      I've got the stuff to listen to and I'll have the review up with any luck this week. Things have been especially hectic for me as of late with college coming to an end, however once I've got this big assignment out the way, I should be able to find the necessary time to put my head on the review.

      Sorry it's a bit delayed,

      Rory

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot man! In your own time, I know how hectic college gets. Look forward to getting your thoughts.

      Delete